I think i have always had high expectations of Savannah & how she is hearing, mostly because she was doing so well. Don't get me wrong of course she is, but today i woke up & felt like i had been doing something wrong...even worse that her hearing was really showing. I know you cannot compare babies what so ever because they ALL develop differently, but this morning three of my friends babies all whom are within days of Savannah have all said "Dada".
This is probably something i would have never have thought about before, but now i am forever wishing that day when she starts talking. I never thought i could possibly get jealous over this either. Is it right to be jealous of something my baby who already has a challenge cannot do? Of course it isn't. I feel terrible that i can even think like this. I really think that i need to be more realistic about it all. She is hearing impaired & of course perfect the way she is, but things may just take her longer because she needs to listen harder to understand.
I have never been bothered by Savannahs loss, its become the "norm" in our house now & the boys even tell mama when she doesn't have her "earing aides" in..lol
I guess sometimes all i need is "something" small just to know its all working well.
I guess all i can do is just continue what we are doing & pray she starts saying some things.
It would be amazing just to hear those few little words.
No comments:
Post a Comment